The Brogan Arts partnership was founded in 1992
and is run by Allister Noble and April Pressley and is based in Aberdeenshire Scotland . We have been working locally, nationally and internationally for over twenty years, designing and creating decorative art in a wide variety of fields including, decorative house interiors, murals, trompe l’oeil and faux finishes, temporary festival and event decor, set design, effects and animatronics for theatre and film, aerial theatre sets, site specific lighting installations, flowing river sculptures right down to bespoke fine jewellery and apparel .
Years of diverse experience
have taught us much about systems, methods and materials; but most of all that creativity has no boundaries. Whatever the idea our aim is to make it real. We are happy to discuss any artistic project, be it large or small, conventional, historical – or plain bizarre! With our practical experience, extensive research capabilities, diverse knowledge of materials and engineering systems, plus a history of innovative solutions we will rise to any challenge.
Services we offer
- Decorative paintwork and finishes - graining – marbling – murals – trompe l’oeil - gilding – stenciling – large scale gesso and tempera - secco fresco - exterior paint finishes.
- Kitchen and Furniture - refurbishment and painting.
- Venetian polished plaster and raised relief frieze work in Venetian plaster – repair and maintenance of ornate plaster work.
- Historic paint mixing and production, such as distemper – milk paints – tung – oil.
- Mould making and casting in plaster – resins – metal resins – silicon – paper – Jesmonite interior and exterior grade
- Event features, creation of decorative backdrops, props, and features for weddings, celebrations, corporate events.
- Special lighting creation for events, weddings and celebrations using leds, rope light, bespoke lanterns and illuminated shapes.
- Set and props for stage film and television.